* Research the prospectiv
* Practice for the interview as if you were giving major presentati
ANSWER KEY QUESTIONS WITH CONFIDENCE
* Rehearse responses to likely questions (link to Interview Questions)
* Show confidence
* Interject your own relevant ideas or insights…s
ASK GOOD QUESTIONS.
* Prepare two or three strategic questions from the research you’ve conducted to demonstrat
SELL YOUR STRENGTHS.
* Identify five or six past accomplish
* This is often the defining reason one person gets hired over another.
* The strengths you focus on should be relevant to the job requiremen
OFFER BRIEF, FOCUSED RESPONSES.
* Answer questions briefly, yet thoroughly
* Stay on target, maintain eye contact and show enthusiasm
DRESS ACCORDING TO THE COMPANY’S CULTURE.
* Determine the company’s dress code prior to the interview.
* If you’re not certain, formal business attire is the safest choice.
* Arrive 15 minutes early — punctualit
* Early arrival also gives you a few minutes to relax before the interview.
BE FRIENDLY AND ENTHUSIAST
* Smile and say hello to company employees.
* Leave a positive impression
KEEP A POSITIVE PERSPECTIV
* Never talk negatively
* Maintain a positive attitude to show that you’re a team player.
STATE YOUR INTEREST.
* Show interest in the position and inquire about next steps.
* Ask questions such as, "Do my qualificat
DON’T FORGET THE THANK-YOU LETTER.
* Send a prompt thank-you letter to demonstrat
* Write a letter to the company’s key decision-m
* Emailing a thank-you letter has the benefit of immediacy,
* A short, hand-writt